Flowers for Friends sales start next week!
Show your friends, classmates, and teachers how much you care! Student Council will be holding their annual Flower for Friends fundraiser February 1st through February 8th. Flowers are $1.50 each and will be delivered on February 10th. Proceeds are used to fund Student Council projects and initiatives. But you better hurry, flowers are limited!
STAAR results from last year are in.
Please see the letter from Ms. Robertson for more details. Also, this Friday’s Coffee Chat will cover the results and the new Texas rating system. Join us at 8am in the Cafeteria for the discussion.
Student Council Spirit Day- Friday is Twin Day!
Find a friend and coordinate outfits!
AISD wants to hear from you!
The 2016-17 Parent Survey is now available online. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey and let the district know how Travis Heights is doing. Our goal is to have 100% of parents complete the survey. If you prefer a paper copy, please see Daniela Licona, our Parent Support Specialist.
Our Students need your Voice!!
Please mark Monday, Feb. 27th on your calendar for Texas PTA’s Rally Day at the Capitol. We would love to have a big group from THES participate- more details coming soon! For more info:
- Rally Day: http://www.txpta.org/rally-day
- Legislative Priorities: http://www.txpta.org/legislative-priorities
Computer and ESL teachers needed!
Our Parent Support Specialist is looking for volunteers to help with classes for parents. If you know anyone who might be interested in helping with these, please pass the info along and/or contact: Daniela Licona – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Basic computer class in Spanish- The program will last 2 months and it is held two times a week for 2 hours in the morning. The volunteer would take a course to learn how to teach this program.
- ESL classes- Teaching materials are provided. Volunteer does not have to be bilingual as the program is 100% in English. This course is around 2-3 months depending on how many hours it is taught each week.
- Box Tops are due this Friday 1/27!!
- PrimeTime starts next Monday, Jan 30th
- AISD wants your opinion on the future of its facilities and programs. There are changes on the horizon- be sure your opinion is noted! Check out this link for the list of community meetings- https://www.austinisd.org/fmp/meetings
Young Writer’s Workshop
Our annual Young Writer’s Workshop is being held February 7th. Volunteers are needed to help with monitoring sessions and hospitality. Sign up online!
Carnival Captains Wanted!
A THES tradition since the 1940s, Fall Carnival is a night filled with games, food, and fun, all while raising money to support our school! Help us keep this awesome tradition alive by volunteering as Carnival Co-Coordinator. Duties include supervising teams of volunteers to organize games/booths, provide publicity, recruit volunteers and arrange for logistics at the event. Captains are also needed for Carnival teams- Booths, Publicity, Setup/Cleanup, Volunteers, Supplies, and Sponsorship. For more information, please contact: volunteers @ travisheightselementary . com
This week’s folder items:
STAAR results & Ratings
Flowers for Friends Sale
Time: 8:00 am-9:00 am
Time: 9:00 am-2:00 pm
Parent Health Screening
Time: 7:30 am-11:00 am
Time: 8:15 am-9:15 am
DL Parent Night
Time: 6:00 pm-7:30 pm
No School (Staff Development Day)
Time: 12:00 am-11:59 pm
Do you have information or an event to submit to THES’s Wednesday Folder? Please visit our Folder FAQ page for submission requirements and guidelines.
To subscribe to Wednesday eFolders and have the eFolder delivered to your inbox, please use the subscribe form in the footer of the website.
While our goal is to move most communications to digital methods some documents need to be delivered in hard copies so please continue to check your paper Wednesday Folder every week, sign and return it on Thursday.