Oh yes, it’s Back to School Night, Tomorrow Night!
This is your night, parents, to get to know your teachers better and learn all about your children’s daily routines.
How to make it successful:
- We ask that children remain at home. However, if this isn’t possible, then children will be with the special area teachers and administrators during the classroom visits. This allows parents to have an uninterrupted time to listen and talk.
- Bring your general questions regarding the grade level procedures and academic expectations.
- Be ready to listen and share openly. This is the first step to building a learning community for your child for this year.
- 5:00-5:45 – (PK ONLY) Visit your child’s classroom and hear about classroom routines/expectations, what your child will be learning this year, and how you can help from your child’s teacher. Q&A. PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, there is no childcare available during this time.
- 5:30-6:00 – (Kinder-5th) Visit our Art room, Music room, Computer Lab, Library, and Gym. Stop by the tables in the front entrance to learn how you can support your school. NOTE: Classrooms will be off-limits during this time.
- 6:00-6:25 – (All) Join us in the gym and meet the administration, teachers and PTA Executive Board. Hear updates on the school; learn about our upcoming special programs, & events. You’ll also have the opportunity to ask questions about and vote on the PTA budget for the school year.
- 6:30-7:10 – (Kinder-5th) Classroom #1: Visit your child’s classroom and hear about classroom routines/expectations, what your child will be learning this year, and how you can help from your child’s teacher. Q&A.
- 7:15-7:55 – (Kinder-5th) Classroom #2: For those with more than one child, hear a repeat of the above information.
Last Night to Buy T-shirts is tomorrow night – Until October!
Spring Beautification Day is September 17
Come express your inner gardener and help beautify our campus! We’ll be at school from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Bring kids, friends, your neighbor … anyone who wants to come help out. All welcome!! Label your tools with your name so you can be sure to leave with them. 🙂
That’s all for this week – as always check the links below to see pdfs of all the paper fliers.
See you Tomorrow Night!
This week’s folder items:
PTA Exec Board Meeting
Time: 4:00 pm-5:30 pm
Location: THES Library
Per PTA bylaws, only PTA Executive Board Members may attend.
Do you have information or an event to submit to THES’s Wednesday Folder? Please visit our Folder FAQ page for submission requirements and guidelines.
To subscribe to Wednesday eFolders and have the eFolder delivered to your inbox, please use the subscribe form in the footer of the website.
While our goal is to move most communications to digital methods some documents need to be delivered in hard copies so please continue to check your paper Wednesday Folder every week, sign and return it on Thursday.