There are lots of ways to support the innovative educational programs at Travis Heights Elementary! If you would like to volunteer to help the parent fundraising team with grant writing, event planning, donor relations or recruiting business sponsors, please email email@example.com.
Make a Financial Donation
Established in 1939, Travis Heights Elementary School is a diverse, welcoming gem in the middle of Austin. From Pre-K to grade 5, the public school is home to more than 500 students.
Over 60% of Travis Heights Elementary students are economically disadvantaged, and close to 30% are learning English as a second language. The school is home to over 40 refugee students from around the world, speaking languages as diverse as Spanish, Arabic and Pashto. Travis Heights has an acclaimed Dual Language program, in which over 200 of our students participate.
Travis Heights is committed to serve everyone, but the school still struggles financially. Our innovative Blended Learning and Project Based Learning (PBL) programs require more resources in software, technology and teacher training than AISD can provide. Additionally, many of our students have a better chance of success when we are able to provide after school tutoring and additional academic supports. Other AISD schools only a few miles away boast PTA budgets and resources at 10 to 20 times the size of our budget. But what the school lacks in funds, it makes up for in commitment, in passion and in heart.
Your financial donations make a huge different to our students and teachers. Click here to make a donation.
Donate items from our Wish list!
View and Buy from our Amazon Wishlist
These items are always needed:
- Gift Cards (to be used as door prizes & incentives)
- White copy paper
- Post it notes -3×3 and mini sizes
- Book tape (high quality clear packing tape)
- Tape dispenser refills
- Popsicle sticks
- Index cards -4×6 & 3×5
- Colored Sharpies
- Dry Erase Markers
- Paper towels
- Hand Sanitizer
- ROCK store prizes- small toys/games/activities
These items are needed from time to time—check with the nurse for current needs:
- New underwear (boys & girls)
- Gently used clothing, especially pants/shorts
- Our library is always willing to accept donations of gently used books. These are either added to our collection or saved to sell at the annual Used Book Fair in the fall.
- If you would like to add a new book to the collection, consider donating an Amazon gift card to Ms. Underwood so she can buy books.
- Or if you would like to buy a special book in honor of a child or teacher, that’s great too! Just check http://ibistro.austinisd.org first to see if Travis Heights already has a copy.
- Every October we collect gently used small toys, games, and stuffed animals to use as prizes for our Fall Carnival. (This is a great way to recycle all those outgrown or ignored toys in your child’s room.)
Support THES while shopping!
Amazon smile–You can support THES while shopping at Amazon!
- Create an AmazonSmile account linked to your current Amazon account. This unique link will take you directly to the page where you can support Travis Heights Elementary: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/74-6062872
- Or, if you choose to go to smile.amazon.com, be sure to search for “PTA Texas Congress 864 Travis Hts Elementary School” to find our school.
- Remember to start at Smile.Amazon.com when doing your shopping! (You can bookmark the page so you don’t forget!)
- Travis Heights will receive 0.5% of your eligible purchases.
- We collect Boxtops! Clip those Boxtops and bring them to your child’s teacher or the school office to help raise money for the school. THES receives $.10 for each box top! Check out http://www.boxtops4education.com/ for updates and ways to earn more credit online.
- Basic school and office supplies qualify for 5% back to Travis Heights! When you check out, tell the clerk you want to designate the purchase for Give Back to Schools. The number for THES is 70094557. If shopping online, on the payment page under additional information, enter BTS-70094557 in the comment box. Past purchases made within the current calendar quarter can still be entered for credit! Just take your receipt to the store or go to http://www.officedepot.com/backtoschool/display.do.
Become a Business Partner!
Email here to become a business partner: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also happy to accept In-Kind Donations of:
- Gift cards
- Carnival food/supplies
For more information please contact: email@example.com