Returning volunteers, the volunteer requirements have changed! Training is no longer required for volunteers but those wishing to work in the classroom or chaperone field trips must submit a background check online and complete paperwork with your child’s teacher. See www.travisheightselementary.com/volunteering/ for more details on completing the background checks.
All new volunteers are encouraged to attend a Volunteer Orientation.
Tuesday, September 12th-8am
Thursday, September 28th- 8am
We’d love all volunteers to complete a new Volunteer form so we can update everyone’s interests and only email you about areas you are interested in. Use the form in your folder today OR complete it online.
First Upper Grade Assembly (3-5th) is Friday!!
(Assembly start from last spring – be sure to turn the volume on in the video)
For all our new and returning T-Bird families, Friday (9/1) is our first Upper Grade Assembly – 3rd-5th Graders. Next Friday will be Lower Grade Assembly – Kinder-2nd Grade. That means you drop your child off in the gym on your respective assembly morning (i.e., drop off in gym by 7:35). Parents are always welcome and encouraged to join us for assembly – it’s a lot of fun!
You’ll hear the Thunderband rally the children with THES spirit and grade level competitions for the Spirit Award. Assemblies also include birthday acknowledgement and student awards for ROCKin’ behavior (Responsible, Organized, Considerate/Kind, Knowledgable) as well as various performances/presentations.
So parents of older children (3rd-5th grade), come hang tomorrow morn for an extra 15 minutes in the gym and join the fun. Parents of younger birds (Kinder – 2nd grade), join us next Friday at 7:35 in the gym and join the fun.
**PreK joins Lower Grade assembly in January…and 2nd moves up to Upper Grade assembly come January.
T-shirt Sales THIS Friday!
You’ve seen the new shirts around school and have been super jealous of all those ?? 🐥 (lucky ducks) who got them at the ice cream social – but now you can get yours too!
Sales will be Sept. 1st (this Friday!) and 8th (next Friday!) 7:15-8:15 am
and Sept. 7th 5-6pm (Back to School Night).
2017/18 Student Design:
Shirts available in the following sizes:
Youth XS-XL,Unisex S-XXXL
Students $5, Adults $10
Classic Red Shirts are back in stock with NEW Toddler sizes
Shirts available in the following sizes:
2T/4T, Ladies S-XL, Unisex S-XXL
Toddlers $5, Adults $10
Show off your Thunderbird pride. Quantities very limited so don’t delay!
Let the neighborhood know you support the Thunderbirds.
Yard Sign $5
PTA membership + Sign $10
Back To School Night – Thursday Sept. 7th
- 4:30-5:15 – (PK ONLY) Visit your child’s classroom and hear about classroom
routines/expectations, what your child will be learning this year, and how you can help from your child’s teacher. Q&A. PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, here is no childcare available during this time. Please leave children at home.
- 5:00-6:00 – (Kinder-5th) Visit our Art room, Music room, Computer Lab, Library, and Gym. Stop by the tables in the front entrance to learn how you can support your school. Note: Classrooms will be off-limits during this time. Pizza will be served in the cafeteria from 5-6 p.m . . Please bring a salad or side to share with others.
- 6:00-6:25 – Join us to meet the administration, teachers and PTA Executive Board. Hear updates on the school; learn about our upcoming special programs, & events. You’ll also have the opportunity to ask questions about and vote on the PT A budget for the school year.
- 6:30-7:10 – Classroom #1: Visit your child’s classroom and hear about classroom
routines/expectations, what your child will be learning this year, and how you can help from your child’s teacher. Q&A.
- 7:15-7:55 – Classroom #2: For those with more than one child, hear a repeat of the above information.
How to make it successful:
- Child care will be provided for the meeting immediately after teacher presentations. This allows parents to have an uninterrupted time to listen and talk.
- Bring your general questions regarding the grade level procedures and academic expectations.
- Be ready to listen and share openly. This is the first step to building a learning community for your child for this year.
Labor Day Holiday
Remember (how can you forget?) there is NO SCHOOL on Monday Sept. 4th!
Enjoy your free day!
This week’s folder items:
New Schedule Information
Back to School Night
Nothing from June 8, 2023 to June 22, 2023.
Do you have information or an event to submit to THES’s Wednesday Folder? Please visit our Folder FAQ page for submission requirements and guidelines.
To subscribe to Wednesday eFolders and have the eFolder delivered to your inbox, please use the subscribe form in the footer of the website.
While our goal is to move most communications to digital methods some documents need to be delivered in hard copies so please continue to check your paper Wednesday Folder every week, sign and return it on Thursday.