Possible Changes for Next year!
The school is considering at some changes that could start next year and wants to know what you think. Please complete the Survey in your Wednesday Folder and return to the office by May 12th.
Keep up with all the info
Lots of important stuff in the pdf efolder today – highlights include:
- STAAR testing is next week- campus will be closed- No lunches with kids!
- End of Year Awards Assembly dates
- PK-2nd Family Fun & Fitness info.
- Registration Reminder
Have you Appreciated your Teacher?
All week long there have been daily shows of appreciation for your special teacher. Here are the items for Thursday and Friday.
- Thursday (5/4): Today we celebrate all the other teachers and staff that enrich our experience at THES! Give a big thanks, card or treat to our specials teachers (art, PE, music, media), teachers aides, reading specialists, special education/resource, counselor, administrators, librarian, speech, language, parent specialist…if someone has made a difference for you and your child, be sure to let them know!
- Friday (5/5): Bring one flower (garden, wild, store bought, drawn on paper) to school on Friday to create a classroom bouquet for your teacher.
Advocacy Team Meeting Tonight!
Advocacy Team will meet Wednesday, May 3rd, from 5:30-6:30pm in the school library. Everyone in the Travis Heights Elementary School community is welcome to attend.
Young Artist Workshop
We are in need of a few volunteers for our Young Artist Workshop on May 23rd. Please sign up if you can help: https://www.travisheightselementary.com/get-involved/volunteer-opportunities/
Your Opinion Counts!
Join Us Thursday Night (May 4th) to review our Title I Compact. As a community school we know that parents, teachers and students are all partners in the educational process. This is an opportunity to share thoughts about your role as a parent in our community school. Meeting starts at 5:30 in the Cafeteria. Childcare will be provided. There will be hot dogs, bring a side to share!
He’s a Captain, Are you?
If you’ve ever had an urge to wear a captain’s suit, now is your chance!
If we’re going to have a Carnival next year we need to get our Carnival Captain spots filled! So please consider joining the awesome Carnival crew as a Team Captain! The best part of being a captain (besides the hat) is knowing you are making our school carnival possible and making a difference in our community. We’ve got an awesome crew of worker bees that will work on your team and many of the jobs have plans that you just need to follow. We need Captains for the following teams:
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
(Captain suits not included)
THES Parents provide Amazing Enrichment Opportunities for our Students!
We are so grateful for parent leaders who volunteer to organize our annual enrichment workshops. Because of their countless hours of organization our students are exposed to careers in so many areas of Science, Writing and the Arts.
Let’s give a BIG Appreciation Pump 💪??💪??💪?? to:
- Karen Borich, Adrienne Darhower & Bob O’Dair– Young Scientist Day
- Erin Walter– Young Writers Workshop
- Soo Spaw and Renee Pinchero– Young Artists Workshop
- Delia Mitchell & Dani Diepenbrock– Hospitality for all the Workshops
Feeling inspired? We can always use more help. Please contact: volunteers @ travisheightselementary.com
T-Bird Fiesta! Save The Date!
The 7th annual year end celebration at Guero’s Taco Bar is always a fun night with friends, family, tacos, music and drinks in the oak garden at Guero’s Taco Bar.
Join us from 5:30- 8pm on May 16th.
Performances by The THES school Choir, THES Ballet Folklórico and Scott George and the Other Guy.
This week’s folder items:
School notes: STAAR testing, End of Year Awards, FFF and Registration reminder
Survey- Universal Breakfast
Spanish Summer Camp
Nothing from June 3, 2020 to June 17, 2020.
Do you have information or an event to submit to THES’s Wednesday Folder? Please visit our Folder FAQ page for submission requirements and guidelines.
To subscribe to Wednesday eFolders and have the eFolder delivered to your inbox, please use the subscribe form in the footer of the website.
While our goal is to move most communications to digital methods some documents need to be delivered in hard copies so please continue to check your paper Wednesday Folder every week, sign and return it on Thursday.