Current Volunteer Sign-up Sheets
|Title||Start Date||End Date||Open Spots|
|Tamalada||December 4, 2019||December 6, 2019||63||View & sign-up »|
|Cultural Festival 2019||December 7, 2019||December 7, 2019||30||View & sign-up »|
We Need Your Help for TAMALADA (12/4) & CULTURAL FESTIVAL (12/7)
Plans are underway for Tamalada and Cultural Festival! These fun annual traditions celebrate the diversity in our school with tamale making, performances, cultural tables, and a Mercado with items for sale. We really need a few extra volunteers to help with planning this year’s events. Would you enjoy doing any of these roles?
- Cultural Festival Co-Chair: work together with co-chair to organize event.
- Cultural Tables Captain: help with recruiting families to host a table and organize table locations.
- Performers Captain: assist with recruiting performers and setting the time slots for entertainment.
- El Mercado Captain: assist with recruiting vendors and collecting booth rental funds.
If you have questions or can help, please contact Jeniffer Barrera, Cultural Festival Co-Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.orgPROSPECTIVE PARENT TOURS
Travis Heights Elementary is a proud community supported In-District Charter School. Our current families are the best way to share great news about our school. We are looking for parent volunteers to help us answer questions from prospective families and take them on short tours of the campus. Please contact Volunteer Coordinator Julie Joyce if you would like to help. email@example.com
- November 8: assembly at 7:40 am in the gym and tour at 8 am
- December 13: assembly at 7:40 am in the gym and tour at 8 am
- January 10: assembly at 7:40 am in the gym and tour at 8 am
- January 23: tour only at 8 amFAMILY FUN & FITNESS (3RD-5TH GRADE)
Friday, November 22
Upper-Grade students will participate in their annual Field Day from 8–11am on Friday, November 22. Parents are invited to participate!Please join us for a morning full of fun physical activities and healthy eating! As part of the event, we are asking families to donate healthy foods for our Snack Station.
3rd–5th graders are asked to please send the following items to school:
- 3rd grade: Pickles
- 4th grade: Bananas
- 5th grade: Oranges
Volunteers are needed! If you would like to volunteer, please contact Ms. Collins at 512.414.3399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.