For 2018-2019 Applicants:
Dual Language Enrollment:
If you are interested in applying to the THES Dual Language Program, please read the information below. You can contact THES at (512) 414-4495 before you drop by, just to make sure they have plenty of applications on hand.
Note that Dual Language applications are due 1/31/2018.
Information about The DL enrollment process can be found online here: AISD DL Enrollment
For more information on the transfer process, and to download a transfer application: AISD: Transfer Information
THES Dual Language Program Applications – for BOTH transferring and neighborhood students (Deadline 1/31/18 at THES Campus)
Applications to the Dual Language Program are now available at the Travis Heights Elementary School office. Neighborhood and transferring students wanting to apply to the THES Dual Language Program must submit a COMPLETED application packets and ALL required documents back to THES NO LATER THAN the end of business on January 31, 2018. You can download the packet from here: DL Enrollment Packet.
Packets submitted after this date may not be considered. Items needed for a complete packet are:
- Completed Two-Way Dual Language enrollment Packet
- Home Language Survey
- Dual Language Program Parent Information Form
- Dual Language Program Parent Commitment Form
- Transfer Request Form (for students requesting transfers)
- Picture ID of the parent/guardian enrolling the student
- Proof of residence of parent/guardian (recent utility bill, current lease agreement, recent tax receipt that shows the property as homesteaded, recent mortgage payment receipt). NOTE: “Recent means the document must be dated within 45 days of this application.
- The child’s birth certificate
- The child’s immunization records
Online registration is open: AISD Student Registration.
ALL RETURNING STUDENTS MUST REGISTER ONLINE: For parents registering students returning to AISD, a Parent Cloud account must be created before you can access the Online Registration system. To create a Parent Cloud account, visit my.austinisd.org.
*If your child is not registered online, your child will not be placed in a classroom for the 2017-2018 school year.*
Children who are four years old on or before September 1st and who do not qualify for either the Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities (PPCD) or the state-mandated prekindergarten program provided for qualifying students, are eligible to enroll in the tuition supported prekindergarten program.
Parents can obtain prekindergarten tuition supported applications from THES. An additional application is required for parents who wish to apply for the dual language program as well as tuition supported prekindergarten. Interested parents can also pick up the dual language program application at THES. The deadline for Dual Language tuition Pre-K or regular tuition Pre-K is January 31, 2017. All applications should be turned into THES by this date.
PK tuition enrollment is based on a first come, first serve basis. A lottery will be conducted in February in the event that we have more applicants than spaces. If not all spaces are used in February, a family can still apply later on, as long as space is available.
You can find more information:
- AISD Pre Kinder Program
- Eligibility for AISD Pre-Kinder Program
- Tuition-Supported Pre Kinder in Austin ISD
You may enroll your child for kindergarten at THES by coming to the school office. You will need the following items for registration:
- Immunization Record
- Social Security Card (for your child)
- Birth Certificate (State Issued)
- Photo Copy of Parent ID
- Proof of Residence (rental contract or utility bill with valid address)
Kindergarten Orientation will be held this year on April 4, 2017.