For 2020-2021 Applicants:
Online registration is open: AISD Student Registration.
ALL RETURNING STUDENTS MUST REGISTER ONLINE: For parents registering students returning to AISD, a Parent Cloud account must be created before you can access the Online Registration system. To create a Parent Cloud account, visit my.austinisd.org.
*If your child is not registered online, your child will not be placed in a classroom for the 2020-2021 school year.*
Enrollment and Dual Language Information:
Dual Language applications will be available from January 7th-January 31st, 2019. Instructions for the DL applications can be found here: https://www.austinisd.org/dual-language/application
*Out of district transfer applications must be submitted in person at Travis Heights.
Who is eligible for Dual Language?
Travis Heights accepts applications to Dual Language program for Pre-K3, Pre-K4, & Kinder. 1st grade applicants are accepted based on space and availability. Students applying after the 1st day of 1st grade, & 2nd- 5th grade must qualify for the program by completing the language assessment provided by the Multilingual Education Team, unless enrolled in a dual language program previously.
Pre-K3 & Pre-K4 Applications:
ALL Qualifying for Pre-K3 & Pre-K 4 is different than eligibility for our Two-Way Dual Language program. All children are eligible for our Pre-K DL program regardless of whether they qualify for the free federal Pre-K program.
Students may qualify for FREE Pre-K, since it is a federal program. The directions for this applying can be found here: Tuition-Based PK. Students qualify by meeting one of the following criteria as evidenced by submitting required enrollment forms and documentation:
- Income (qualify for free and/or reduced-cost lunch)
- Language (have limited English proficiency)
- Military Dependent (child of active military parent or of parent who was injured or killed during active military duty)
- Foster Child (have been in the care of the Department of Family and Protective Services)
- First Responder Texas Star Award Recipient (child of peace officer, firefighter, or emergency medical first responder who received this award)
*Students who do not qualify with any of these will have to apply for tuition supported Pre-K. *
All Pre-K 4 students must be 4 years old by September 1, 2020
All Pre-K 3 students must be 3 years old by September 1, 2020
(Pre-K3 is a half day program. 1st session starts at 7:30 AM-11:00 AM 2nd session 11:30 AM- 3PM)
*NEW THIS YEAR*
Both applications for Pre-K3/ Pre-K4 Tuition, and Qualifying Pre-K3/ Pre-K4 will be available starting in April 3rd, 2020.
*If interested in applying for Dual Language for Pre-K3 & Pre-K4*
- Follow instructions in applying to the Dual Language program starting January 7th- January 31st *applicants applying after the January 31st deadline will be put on a waitlist & accepted on space and availability*
- REQUIRED FORMS: Tuition Parent Agreement, & Payment Option form (Can be found at THES)
- Submit registration documentation (i.e. child birth certificate, see below …) to Travis Heights
Documents required to complete registration:
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Child’s social security number (if child has one)
- Parent photo ID
- Child’s immunization record
- Proof of address: Most recent utility bill, lease agreement, mortgage receipt (must have enrolling parent name)
- AISD Home language survey (Can be found at Travis Heights)
AISD helpful links:
Parent cloud: my.austinisd.org
Austin ISD student services: 512-414-1726