Need a little extra joy and positivity these days? Here’s your chance!
Travis Heights Elementary is an AISD in-district charter school that works hard to offer innovative opportunities to its students, known as Thunderbirds. Travis Heights is one of the most diverse schools in the entire district with:
- 80% of its students being people of color
- A predominantly low income population
- The largest refugee population in the entire district
Each year, Operation Thunderjoy collects meaningful holiday gifts for the 50 Thunderbird families most in need. In past years, items such as clothes, shoes, large grocery gift cards, beloved toys, bikes… even necessities such as prescription glasses, beds, A/C units and extermination services were donated.
Can You Help?
Can you — or people/companies in your network — dig deep and pitch in? We are seeking gift cards or donations in the following categories:
- Grocery / Food / Accessible Dining
- Big Box Store (Walmart/Target)
- Clothing / Shoes / Outerwear
- Hygiene Products
- Books / Educational Toys/Games
- Gas Cards (Shell / Chevron)
- Cash (for more specific needs)
How To Donate
Contact Travis Heights Parent Support Specialist Sura Jasim at email@example.com with questions.