Join us on October 17, 2018 for the
3rd Grade Citizenship Wax Museum!
The Citizenship Wax Museum is a combined celebration of good citizenship and Hispanic Heritage Month.
To prepare for the museum, students have begun to research a contemporary or historical figure who has demonstrated the qualities of good citizenship. They will then write biographies in class about their chosen figures. For the final presentation, students will change the point of view of their writing to first person so that they can “bring to life” the subject of their research.
How can you help students prepare?
- Supplement their research with materials or resources from the local library or the internet,
- Listen to their presentations,
- Send extra materials to school so they can make a biographical poster in class similar to the one below,
- Allow them to “dress up” as their good citizen by using clothing you already have at home. (Do not buy a costume from a store!)
What will you see at the 3rd Grade Citizenship Museum?
You will walk through transformed halls, meeting famous artists, astronauts, and revolutionaries that have made positive contributions to society. Come listen to their inspiring stories!
What time do you come?
- Morning Language Arts classes will present from 9:00 – 10:00 AM
- Afternoon Language Arts classes will present from 12:30 – 1:30 PM
Please feel free to contact the 3rd Grade Teachers if you have any questions!