Travis Heights Elementary believes that blended learning is incorporating daily use technologies (equipment and resources) into lessons in a way that allows students to collaborate, communicate, and solve problems by:
- Discovering new ideas (video, web quest)
- Expanding understanding using critical thinking ( research, Skype)
- Interacting with knowledges (polls, activities, apps)
- Sharing their learning (blogging, video, email, presentations)
- Assessing their abilities (quiz, journaling, portfolio)
These five components of Blended Learning ensure that our students become digital natives who are prepared to use technology as a tool for improving the world and themselves.